Texas has the largest number of 4-H and FFA livestock projects in the nation. Young people participate at the county, district, regional and state level. The tremendous support and dedication of livestock show officials help make this possible.
With this opportunity comes a responsibility for each exhibitor to learn and demonstrate the highest standards, both in personal character and in the feeding and care of their animals. “Quality Counts” is designed to teach young people the importance of displaying good character in carrying out livestock projects, and in every aspect of their lives. “Quality Counts” helps them learn the importance of using proper livestock management practices so that food quality and safety are preserved.
Your participation in “Quality Counts” helps ensure that Texas 4-H and FFA members can continue to be a part of the greatest youth livestock program in the nation.
- 2016-2017 State Fair LAMB, GOAT, & SWINE Validation- Please Contact Jason Miller at 806-291-5267
- 2016-2017 Major Show STEER/HEIFER Validation- June 10, 2016 @ Central Plains Vet Clinic in Plainview
- 2015-2016 Major Show LAMB/GOAT Validation- October 24, 2016 @ Ollie Liner Center (4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- 2015-2016 Major Show SWINE Validation-Tag Order Due September 21, 2016
- 2015-2016 Major Show HEIFER Validation-Barcode Order Due September 13, 2016
Major Show Rules, Schedule of Events, & More
Please visit appropriate show website to access show rules, schedules, etc.